(return to search page)
Tattoodle understands the value of being able to search the Web with multiple engines at once. To accomplish this task, Tattoodle utilizes metasearch technology to compile results from many of the Web's major search properties, delivering more relevant and comprehensive results every time you search.
The results returned from these engines include commercial (sponsored) and non-commercial results. Tattoodle is designed to identify the intent of a user's search. If the search term (i.e. "buy roses") is determined to be commercial in nature, a set of search results weighted toward sponsored results would be displayed. In the case of a non-commercial term (i.e. "roses and aphids"), the set of search results would be weighted toward research-driven results.
Our search engine returns results from a variety of partners, including: Yahoo! Search and MSN Live Search.
- Search Engines: A software program that searches a database by gathering and reporting information that contains or is related to specified terms.
- - Search engines include Yahoo! and MSN Live Search.
- Web Directories: Server(s) dedicated to indexing Internet Web pages and returning lists of pages that match particular queries. Directories are normally compiled manually, by user submission, and often involve an editorial selection and/or categorization process.
- - Web directories searched include About and Looksmart
- Pay-For-Placement: Engines that return relevant sponsored listings.
- - Paid search engines searched include Yahoo! Search Marketing.
- Other: Engines or databases that are metasearch specific for images, audio/MP3, and multimedia files.
- - Vertical search engines include Yahoo! Search and Ditto.